Downtown Columbus: Whitewater, Loft Apartments, Coffee Shops, Cool Places to Hang Out and More!
Columbus State University has a strong presence in downtown Columbus — Uptown to locals — with student apartments, a space science center and a fine and performing arts campus that includes some of the country's most sophisticated teaching and performing spaces.
With about a dozen different buildings in the historic downtown area, the university calls this campus CSU RiverPark.
Learn about uptown Columbus and visit some of our RiverPark locations with our virtual student tour guides:
Features of CSU RiverPark include:
- (for students (and the public)
- University Police office
- inside the city's beautiful for the Performing Arts.
- CSU's art and theatre complex, home to the departments of and , including:
- Two theatres
- A lighting lab, costume shop, design studio, woodworking spaces
- An oversized art gallery
- Almost a dozen spaces customized for art study, work and display.
- Student Lounge
- Carpenters Hall, home of CSU's department and its's WCUG-FM radio station.
- Yancey Center at One Arsenal Place, featuring administrative offices for the , as well as faculty and staff offices for the departments of art, theatre, and .
- Dillingham Place, home of .
RiverPark Campus students enjoy the same resources as those on main campus. CSU also offers an hourly shuttle to transport students between the two campuses. Remember that CSU RiverPark Campus apartments are reserved for students, so 美女视频黄频大全视频免费-伊人高清视频-4438xx20-美女视频黄频大全视频免费
Beyond classes ...
Downtown Columbus will soon be home to the . Work is underway on the Chattahoochee River – at the back door of Columbus State University's RiverPark campus – to breach two dams and create whitewater rafting, kayaking, tubing, river surfing and other water activities along a 2.5-mile stretch of the river between Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL. Restoring this river channel also will reclaim the natural habitat of a number of rare and endangered species, including shoal bass, mussels and the shoal spider lilies.
Students can also enjoy a variety of other unique recreation opportunities in downtown Columbus:
- Rollerblade or bike on the Riverwalk.
- Kayak or canoe on the Chattahoochee River.
- Enjoy weekly outdoor concerts during warm weather months.
- Unwind in restaurants and pubs that feature variety — from authentic Mexican dishes to brick-fired pizzas.
- Get out and enjoy the nightlife showcasing nationally known comics, rising rock, country-western and alternative bands.
- And experience great performances of internationally known artists and actors visiting the and historic .